11 Things to do on 11/11/11
This has nothing to do with the amazing, palindromic, once-in-a-lifetime 11/11/11 date itself. This is merely a list of 11 things you can do today so that you’ll have a better day – things you’ve been thinking you should do for a long time.
- Back up your computer. Come on, it won’t take long (or even if it does because you’ve never backed up anything but a car, you can do lots of other things while it’s happening).
- Clean out your old emails. Whether you’ve got a few or thousands still lurking around the old in-box, just hunker down and do it. It won’t be any easier on 11/12/11.
- Call someone. Don’t text them or email them (which will make #2 easier), actually call someone you haven’t spoken to in a long time.
- Chew your food slowly. Take this day to really enjoy your food – and let your digestion start in your mouth like it’s supposed to.
- Disconnect for 10 minutes (ok, 11). Just take those few minutes to yourself. You deserve it (and even if you don’t, you’ll enjoy it).
- Try something new. Anything – a new food, a new form of social media, a new CD…just do something to break the routine.
- Do that errand. You know the one – drop off the dry cleaning that’s been in your car, get those shoes resoled, whatever it is, check it off the list.
- Smile at someone you don’t know. Who cares if they think you’re weird. You are. And so are they.
- Stretch. At some point today, stand up and stretch your arms as high as they can go. It feels good. Why don’t you do that more often?
- Throw out a pen – the one you grab and put back in your drawer / on your desk / in your purse because it writes intermittently at best. Ahhhh.
- Clean your glasses or sunglasses. You’ll see better and look better, just like that.