WASSUPPPPPP…HAD NO HASHTAG
From the “What If” Department…
Sometimes I like to imagine what social media tactics memorable ads from B.F. (Before Facebook) might enjoy using today.
What if Twitter had been around for the Budweiser Wassupppp campaign? Would we see…
- #Wassup tagging, possibly chats, and Tweet-ups at local bars
- @TheWassupBud spokestweeter chosen from the Twittersphere
- Maybe a “Don’t Drink and Tweet” PSA
- Possibly even some sort of Klout Perk for serious beer-fluencers.
What if Volkswagen’s “Mr. Roboto” commercial had a Facebook component?
- Our walls might have been overrun with images of our friends doing their best Mr. Roboto for a chance to win a trip to Japan
- A “Mr. YouBoto” app could allow people to “Robot themselves” (their profile pix), and each new Robot would result in VW donating a dollar toward providing medical robots to third world country hospitals
- The VW Robot could do a FB takeover, interacting directly with the fans on behalf of the German automaker.
What if the Wendy’s “Where’s the Beef” spot was beefed up by Foursquare? Well, I don’t really have an answer for that – we’re all still trying to figure out how to make Foursquare a legit part of a meaningful marketing plan. But maybe people could check in and say “Here’s the Beef!” for a random chance to win some buckaroos.